HDA proudly supports a positive working environment for our staff that allows each individual (and department) to deliver high-quality services to our members, which represent the vital link between the nation’s pharmaceutical manufacturers and more than 200,000 pharmacies, hospitals and other providers. Since 1876, HDA has helped our members navigate regulations and innovations to get the right medicines to the right patients at the right time, safely and efficiently.
HDA values its employees. As such we offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, with medical and dental insurance which includes dependent coverage as well as a FSA plan; a 401(k) plan with a generous match system; paid time off; flexible work hours; a Transportation Fringe Benefit; and a convenient Arlington, Va., location close to the Ballston Metro. We have been named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for the past seven years.
MANAGER, STATE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
Healthcare Distribution Alliance (HDA), representing the nation’s primary pharmaceutical distributors, seeks a full-time manager to research, analyze, monitor and report on state legislative and regulatory activities for full-service healthcare distributors. This position will assist in research pertaining to position statements, legislative testimony, regulatory comments and coordination of state grassroots efforts.
- Identify and analyze state legislative/regulatory initiatives that are of interest to HDA membership and other pertinent stakeholders (e.g., manufacturers, pharmacies). Provide recommendations as to priority of state initiatives.
- Attend/monitor legislative and regulatory oversight hearings and provide detailed summary analysis of discussions regarding HDA issues of interest.
- Regularly assist with direct lobbying efforts and support such activities as necessary.
- Oversee HDA state government affairs grassroots outreach efforts.
- Work with VP SGA to draft new, update existing and expand upon HDA background documents and position statements.
- Maintain and regularly update SGA information to HDA website on a timely basis and ensure information is current and a benefit to HDA membership.
- Regularly draft articles for HDA Weekly Digest on priority issues of interest.
- Assist the VP with the management of the SGA Committee and any pertinent workgroups/taskforces. Work with Sr. Administrator to ensure the regular scheduling of conference calls, timely dissemination of meeting agendas, draft minutes and maintenance of committee and workgroup rosters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in political science, public policy or related field.
- Two to four years legislative/regulatory or industry specific experience.
- Prior analysis of state legislation and regulations experience preferred.
- Ability to conduct individual research and analyze complex issues.
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of healthcare and/or pharmaceutical/pharmacy issues strongly preferred.
- Some travel required (at times with very short notice).
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ3@hda.org.